samedi 2 juin 2012

YELLO "You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess" (1983)

"You gotta say yes to another excess" is my favorite album from this original swedish duo. They just know how to create cool tribal beats (Crash Dance, Great Mission), jazzy beats (Swing) and Synth-Pop coolness (I Love You). The innovation and the humour in their music makes them a unique pair. They influenced many artists like The Pet Shop Boys. "I Love You" with the modified voice of Boris Blank has been a hit in 80's alternative clubs and charts. My favorite is "Lost Again"; a Synth-Pop sensual jem. I absolutely love the hilarious "Great Mission" followed by "You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess" with plenty of tribal beats and jungle sounds and of top of this, a very funny storyteller tells a jungle story, I can't help but smile when I hear the (lyrics) ...Father of excess that jumps out of the water of Amazons full of piranhas...; must hear. This is an album that is entirely excellent, no need to skip a song. If the Amazonian Forest would have an 80's Synth-Pop band, I wish it would sound like this!


Favorite tracks in order:
  • Lost Again
  • I Love You
  • Smile On You
  • Crash Dance

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire